Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The day this Mom has been dreading....


The first day of school is finally here and met with mixed emotions at our house. I surely wasn't ready for Cole to go back to school and I'm not sure he was ready either. He was excited but I could tell that he was also nervous, excited, scared, and a little sad. Just before he left he got teary eyed and said, "mom, I'm really going to miss my baby brother. I just don't want to leave him." Cole has been a great helper this summer with the new baby and I'm used to having him home to help with Austin and Kayleigh.
We had a good morning and got everyone ready and out the door so Cole could get to school on time. HE's excited for his new teacher and can't wait to get started with all the fun things he saw in his class room at back to school night.
When he came home today he was EXHAUSTED (early bedtime tonight)! He said that he had a lot of fun and loved playing games with his teacher and he couldn't wait to go back tomorrow.
So...I guess it's just mom that needs some convincing that it's okay for him to be back in school!

3 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Aww- such a cute pic-I am glad that you both survived the first day!

Andrea Amu said...

I am sure that is a hard thing to let him go like that! ((hugs))!! if only they didn't grow up so darn fast,ehh?!!

HeatherC said...

It does get easier Becki. Hang in there.