Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We tied AGAIN, Mom!

Cole started t-ball a couple of weeks ago. He has been having a great time. He is actually pretty good at it. He can hit the ball past 2nd base, which is quite an accomplishment for a little guy. There is only one thing that is a little confusing for him, that is the scoring. In the league he plays in they don't keep score for the t-ball games. They want the kids to just learn the rules of baseball and not to get discouraged with losing. Well, he doesn't understand how two teams can play a game but nobody wins and nobody loses. So—the only answer is a tie. He is starting to wonder (after 6 games), how can you tie every game?
After each game I watch him go running to his coach and ask, "Did we win?" Each time the coach tells him that they "tied—again." Then he comes running over to Mom and Dad and yells, "We tied again, Mom. Can you believe it?" "One of these days I want to win the Piston Cup!"

I haven't had the heart to break the news to him that even if he did win a t-ball game, it wouldn't be winning the piston cup.

He sure will be excited when he gets a trophy at the end of the season.

I am posting a few of the pictures I took at the game last night.

1 comment:

CJensen said...

Ah, how cute. It makes it tough, when in the search of fairness they rob the kids of that thrill of victory!