Monday, January 14, 2008

Enjoying my January quiet time!




I am loving January! Things have slowed down considerably and I must say that I am loving not being so busy. I have done a lot of scrapping, baking, and giving my house some much needed attention.


I've done 2 mini albums and 7 layouts since the first of the year. Yay!!


I haven't taken photos of the mini albums yet but I'll get them soon!
I am making Spaghetti and Breadsticks for dinner here are the recipes if you'd like them:
Spaghetti Sauce
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 med onion chopped
garlic
Basil
rosemary
canned tomatoes
tomato sauce tomato paste
oregano
fresh mushrooms
Cheesy Breadsticks
2 T yeast
1 C warm water
2 T sugar
1T salt
2 C warm water
1/4 C oil
8 C flour
1/2 C melted butter
parmesean cheese
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 cup water with sugar. Let stand 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the butter and parmesean cheese. Stir the dough and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise. Punch down every 10 minutes for the next 50 minutes. Flatten dough on board and cut into strips. Put on a cookie sheet and brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese and let rise for 30 minutes bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy!
I'll be back later with my minibooks!

4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

You have a very lucky family Becki- my recipe for spaghetti sauce and bread stix is Ragu and Pillsbury!!!!

Anonymous said...

WTG on getting so many layouts done! Love these that you posted, great papers!

Mer said...

Such sweet layouts! Nice work!

Suzanne said...

LOL@MEG! Loving your layouts Becki! I'll have to try the cheesy breadsticks...I'm just sooo not a baker. Thanks for the recipe!